Do you ship? No. We are not equipped to ship our products. The extra cost of packaging, handling, and overnight shipping makes this option prohibitively expensive.
Do you accept pre orders? We only accept pre orders for 5 dozen or more with special rules for Weddings.
What about large pre orders? We reserve the right to limit large pre orders based on our ability to supply our retail locations; however, we appreciate those customers wishing to place a large order and do our best to fill them subject to the following terms.
- Orders must be for 5 dozen or more.
- Orders must be placed and pre paid one week in advance. (Pre paid orders are non refundable.)
- We do not deliver but orders can be picked up at any of our retail locations.
What about orders for Weddings? Weddings are wonderful occasions and we are are always pleased when people want FDB to be a part of their special day. However, weddings do create particular issues for us. Almost all weddings take place on the weekend which is our busiest time when we already face the challenge of providing enough product for our retail outlets. Also, weddings often present special challenges in terms of planning, specific requests, and deadlines. Therefore, these are the terms for wedding orders:
- Orders must be a minimum of 100. (We recommend one per guest. Very few people can eat more than one 100 Layer Donut at one sitting. Since some guests may pass on sweets the results should work out about right.)
- Orders must be placed and pre paid two weeks in advance. (Pre paid orders are non refundable.)
- Wedding orders are subject to a 20% surcharge due to the reasons listed above.
- We do not deliver but orders may be picked up at any of our retail locations.
In return we will work with you to provide the quantity of any specific flavors you request and guarantee your order will be ready at the time requested.
Why are your donuts more expensive that regular donuts? There are several reasons why our donuts cost more. Here are three.
- This is a different donut eating experience. With regular donuts most people can easily eat two or three, maybe even four. With the 100 Layer Donut most people can only eat one. This is because the 100 Layer Donut is larger and generally more filling than a regular donut. Instead of comparing a 100 Layer Donut to a regular donut a better comparison would be an order on a restaurant desert menu or at a speciality desert shop.
- We use only the finest ingredients. We use the highest quality French butter. Our chocolate is single source from France. All of our ingredients are always non GMO. We buy organic and local sourced whenever possible. We never use soy. We always use Grape Seed oil for frying. Obviously these things cost more and they are not what you find in a regular donut.
- It takes three days to make a 100 Layer Donut. Most regular donuts take perhaps three hours.
How can I find out what flavors are available? The best way is to simply call our locations. We will be happy to tell you what flavors are currently available.
Do you do special designs? Although we have done special designs on occasion for promotional purposes this is not something we are equipped to offer to the general public.
Do you sell Five Daughters Bakery gift cards? Yes. Gift cards are available in various denominations at our retail outlets.
What about nutritional information? In order for us to publish specific nutritional information it is necessary to have it analyzed and confirmed by a third party. This is an expensive process, especially considering the number of products we offer. (We have produced over 50 different 100 Layer Donuts, not including our Quinns, Paleos, Vegans, etc.) As a small start up we have simply not been able to afford this expense.
Is there any soy in your products? No. We do not use soy in any of our products.
What are your ingredients? Ah, wouldn’t you like to know? Actually, you may very well want to know and for a very good reason. While we do not feel it wise to release all of our ingredient lists we will be happy to address specific questions, especially regarding our Paleo and Vegan offerings. Simply address your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.